Recognition of Excellence Awards 2024
Pharmacy teams from across the UK are encouraged to nominate themselves or colleagues
before the closing date 4 April 2024. As the only UK awards exclusively for community pharmacy support staff, the RoE Awards honour dedicated employees who go the extra mile to support their customers, colleagues and communities.
They could be medicines counter assistants, delivery drivers, dispensing assistants, health champions, pharmacy technicians, ACPTs, team leaders, pharmacy managers or hold any other patient-facing role within the community pharmacy support team.
Awards for 2024
The complete list of awards categories is as follows:
• Best Newcomer: to recognise a member of the team who has started their pharmacy career in the last two years and is excelling in their role.
• Clinical Services Star: to reward someone who is supporting their community by spearheading new or popular specialist clinical services.
• Health Equality Award: to recognise an individual who has identified and tackled health inequalities for their patients and communities.
• Innovation Award: to reward someone who has taken steps to improve their pharmacy through innovative ideas.
• Outstanding Contribution Award: to recognise someone who has demonstrated true dedication to community pharmacy and supported their customers and patients.
• Pharmacy Team of the Year Award: for the most outstanding pharmacy team.
• Product Advisor Award: to reward a member of the team who excels in OTC product knowledge and demonstrates a clear commitment to their learning.
• Sustainability Champion: to recognise a member of staff who has taken steps to improve the sustainability of their pharmacy.
• Team Leader Award: for excellence in pharmacy team leadership.
Each category winner will go forward to The Spotlight Award, which is given to the most
outstanding entrant, as chosen by the expert judging panel.
Pharmacy support staff can enter as many categories as they wish or nominate others. Nominations from pharmacists, area managers or customers are encouraged, too,
unfortunately pharmacists are not eligible for these awards.
Entries and nominations should be submitted by 4 April 2024: https://www.roeawards.co.uk
Finalists in all categories will be invited to enjoy a champagne reception, lunch, and ceremony where prizes will be awarded in central London on 14 June.
All shortlisted entries will go before an expert panel of judges:
• Ade Williams MBE, lead pharmacist, Bedminster Pharmacy, Bristol
• Arunoday Lekkala, RoE spotlight award winner 2023
• Elen Jones, Royal PharmaceuDcal Society director for Wales
• Emma Charlesworth, head of markeDng operaDons, Phoenix Medical Supplies
• IUi Khan, superintendent pharmacist, Well Pharmacy
• Janice Perkins, chair of the RPS Community Pharmacy Expert Advisory Group
• Mike Holden, associate director, Pharmacy Complete
• Mimi Lau, CEO, Pickfords Pharmacy
• Nicola Stockmann, president, APTUK
• Nicole Tolkin, RoE spotlight award winner 2022
• Raj Nutan, healthcare strategy and services director, Alliance Healthcare
• Reena Barai, pharmacy owner and co-founder, Female Pharmacy Leaders Network
• Richard Dunne, head of healthcare capability, Boots UK
• Richard Stephenson, operaDons director, Right Medicine Pharmacy Ltd.
• Rupen Sedani, superintendent pharmacist, Avicenna
• Tim Rendell, head of pharmacy, Day Lewis Pharmacy
• Victoria Steele, clinical Director and chief pharmacist, LloydsPharmacy Healthcare Services
Event enquiries to Liz Coop, Events Manager at CIG on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 020 7534 7234
Business enquiries to Paul Fenton, Business Development Director at CIG on email: email@example.com or phone: 020 7534 7214
Entry enquiries to Kerry Greenaway, Editorial Assistant at CIG on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 020 7534 721